Ochazuke (お茶漬け) is a simple rice dish which combines green tea (ocha), steamed rice, and an assortment of savory ingredients (zuke means “submerged”).
The Japanese enjoy this dish more as quick meal or a dish at the end of the meal to fill up instead of proper meal time food.
- 2/3 cup cooked, steamed short-grain rice
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup hot brewed Japanese tea (green tea), just enough to cover the rice. Try our special Genmaicha!
- 1/4 cup Small pieces of grilled salmon
- handful dried kizami nori (thinly sliced seaweed)
- chieves or edamame or other herbs as you like
- Wasabi at taste
How to prepare this delicious recipe
Place the cooked rice in a small rice bowl. Pour the boiling green tea over the rice.
A real comfort food.
Try it also with meat or completely vegetarian!