Yamamotoyama tea, a historic brand that produces Japanese teas and more. We have a selection of tea bags, with different flavors. 16 sachets in a box
- Jasmine tea (jasmine green tea from China)
- Oolong tea (roasted oolong tea from China)
- Hojicha tea (Japanese roasted green tea)
- Genmaicha tea (green tea with Japanese matcha)
- Sencha tea (Japanese green tea)
In 1690, the Yamamoto family moved from Kyoto to the new capital Tokyo and opened a tea shop. Yamamotoyama is the oldest tea company and remains family-owned, drawing on its rich heritage and vast experience to provide wholesome and deliciously innovative foods.
Before Yamamotoyama, only the wealthy in Japan had access to green tea. Kahei Yamamoto dreamed of making green tea accessible to everyone and learned that steaming tea leaves allowed them to stay fresh and green in color with a balanced sweet umami that retains its vitamins and nutrients. This tea, called sencha, became a sensation and Yamamotoyama became a household name.